You could definitely use a store-bought graham cracker crust, however, I highly recommend making your own if possible. To crush the graham crackers, you can either put them in a zipper bag and use something to crush them….OR you can put 5 or 6 graham crackers at a time in a blender and pulse. Shake the blender a little if needed and continue pulsing til they are finely ground. A food processor also gets the job done.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and cinnamon until well blended . Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7 minutes. Cool.
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 inch) prepared graham cracker crust (store bought or homemade)
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edges. Remove from heat and stir sugar into the cream until it dissolves. Allow to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, blend the avocado and cream cheese until smooth. Add the lime juice and blend.
- Add the cooled cream mixture to the avocado mixture and blend until it is incorporated.
- Spoon into the prepared pie crust. Lightly tap the pie plate against the countertop to release trapped air bubbles. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe is adapted from Allrecipes.